Portions: 8 mini-burgers
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients and Quantities:
Bread and filling
- 8 mini-burger buns, lightly toasted
- ¼ cabbage, chopped
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Legendary Fit Sauces Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) raw chickpeas
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 C. (15 mL) dried herbs of your choice
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) white flour (or flour of your choice)
- Rinse the chickpeas and send them to a saucepan. Cover with the broth and bring to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour. Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, put the chickpeas and all the other ingredients for the pancakes (except the flour). Season aggressively with S&P and mix to obtain the most homogeneous preparation possible.
- Add the flour to the food processor and mix again. Transfer the preparation to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, put the cabbage, lemon and light mayonnaise. Season with S&P and toss well to make a coleslaw. To book.
- Shape 8 patties with the chickpea mixture.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of oil and brown the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the mini-burgers with The Legendary of Fit Sauces Sugar Free BBQ Sauce, chickpea patties, tomato slices and coleslaw.
Fit Cook Tip:
For a pleasant cake making, wet your hands! In this way, the shaping will be more efficient and it will be much easier to have nice round and compact patties.